Monday, November 12, 2012

And so it begins...

I feel it's appropriate to begin my first blog on a perfectly pleasant November Monday morning! I know Monday mornings are usually frantic and nerve racking as teachers run around preparing the last minute to-dos for the week ahead of them.  I am usually part of this crowd, but this Monday morning is different...there is no school today.

Today is Veteran's Day observed.  Let's take a moment to recognize and appreciate all the people who serve and have served in the military for our country.  I honor you.



So as I sit here with my cup of tea and still in my PJs (secretly loving every moment), I'm hoping that through this blog I can inspire others in the same way others have inspired me.  So here's a look at some of the freebies I have posted on teacherspayteachers.com. If you find something you love, don't forget to leave a comment.


This activity is a supplement for Lucy Calkins Reading grades 3-5. After students finish reading a book, have them create a book buzz where they create a book summary, write a excerpt, and explain why the book mattered to them. This gets other students excited to read the same book!
 

 
Including in this download are 3 different sets of DRA book box labels for grades 3-5. The sets start at level 18 and go in DRA increments to level 70. The designs included are doghouses, owls, and apples. All levels are written in cute fonts! Also included are blank templates to label other book boxes you might desire.




Last, but not least, vocabulary tic-tac-know! Included in this set are a four different versions of vocabulary tic-tac-know boards to use along with a blank template to create your own. I also included tips on how I use the boards in the classroom and a sample vocabulary list that could be used.



 
Click on the link above to find these freebies and more!  If you find something you love, don't forget to leave a comment.
 
 

 

4 comments:

  1. I loveeee your blog, Michelle! I am excited to be your first follower :)

    Susan
    T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such cute *freebies* Michelle! Thank you.

    Welcome to blogging. I hope you love it as much as I do. =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance.

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the world of blogging. You will love it here! :)

    ~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...