Saturday, November 24, 2012

Liebster Award Time!

 

First of all...Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!  I appreciate everyone who is taking time to read this :)  I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with the fiance and out of town friends.  I am now enjoying my long weekend while I dive back into the blogging world.

Yeah, I was nominated for the Liebster Award!  As always, at first, I was a little skeptical, but this is a great way for me to meet other new bloggers, so yeah again!  This award is given to new bloggers with 200 followers or less (that's me). I was nominated by Rae at Minful Rambles...thank you! You should check out her blog - lots of great tips and ideas.  I'm already loving it!

And the rules are:
1. Post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them to your post.
5. Leave a comment on this post if you were nominated so I can learn more about you and see who you nominate.

My 11 randoms:
1. I am getting married in April 2013...can't wait!

2. We own an adorable Jack Russel Terrier named Woodson (I'm not joking, he is adorable...see the pics under About the Teacher)

3. I'm in the process of completing my National Boards Certification this year!

4. I have traveled to over 20 countries in the last 5 years with high school students. This has been a true blessing!

5. Everyone always asks, my favorite country next...and honestly, I cannot say. I loved every country equally for different reasons.

6. I teach Fourth grade currently.

7. I hope to become a principal someday.

8. I was born 2 months premature.

9. I have one sister (who is my maid of honor). :)

10. Favorite food, hands down, Grandma's scalloped potatoes!

11. I've started a new love for football...GO PACKERS!

Rae's Questions:
1. If you could have any super power, what would it be and why? I would want to be able to teleport.  I hate flying to visit family!
2. If you weren't a teacher/educator/your current occupation, what would you be? In 4th grade I wanted to be President of the United States.  Since that probably is not going to happen, I would love to be a wedding planner.  Planning my own has been so much fun! :)
3. You had to choose: sense of smell or sense of taste. I would want sense of smell definitely...having no sense of taste would be like an instant diet! 
4. What is your favorite genre of book? Romance usually, I love Nicholas Sparks books.
5. What is your favorite genre of music? Toughie...I usually listen to pop music.
6. If you could visit any place in the world, and money was no object, where would it be? I would travel across seas with my fiance.  I have traveled without him, but would love to experience some of the places I have been to with him like Amsterdam, Australia, and Greece.
7. What was your favorite subject in school? What was your least favorite? Favorite = Math, Least = Reading  (Still the same way teaching!)
8. What is one way that you do to ensure a healthy lifestyle? Zumba!
9. How many hours of sleep do you get a night? Usually 7
10. What is your favorite drink, alcoholic or not? Tea, I drink it everyday the British way!
11. Do you have any hidden talents? If so, what? I can make a mean balloon animal!  (I used to be a clown in high school...long story.)  LOL


For my nominees -- My questions:
1. How did you get started in the blogging world?
2. If you weren't a teacher/educator/your current occupation, what would you be?
3. You had to choose: sense of smell or sense of taste.
4. From the TPT store, what is your favorite freebie that you created?
5. From the TPT store, what is your favorite freebie that someone else created?
6. If you could visit any place in the world, and money was no object, where would it be?
7. What was your favorite subject in school? What was your least favorite?
8. Who is your role model?
9. What time do you go to bed?
10. What is your favorite reality TV show?
11. What do you want for Christmas?

For all my nominees, copy and paste the above instructions, questions, and such to your blog. Don't forget to comment on my post when you are done, so I can check out some new interesting info about you!  Can't wait...
Now, for my nominations:

1. Teaching with a Mountain View
2. 1st Grade Fireworks
3. Perspective Is Everything
4. Mrs. McLaren's Little Super Heroes
5. Life in the Middle
6. Remember Middle School?
7. Mrs. Jones's Kindergarten
8. Teaching Fourth with Ms. B.
9. Out of This World Literacy
10. Sunshine and Stars
11. Mrs. Nutter's Ready Readers


WOOHOO! Make sure you check out these great blogs! They all have something unique that has inspired me.  :)
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Michelle, Thank You soooooo much! You are a sweetie! I have completed my "interview" questions (cute) and now am adding my new blogger links...I have to search first. Working on it now. Congrats on your engagement! Life is funny that way. You never know when you will meet some very nice people. Glad to meet YOU! I am your newest follower! Thanks again! wendy
    1stgradefireworks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, thanks for the acknowledgement and for visiting my blog. I enjoyed checking yours out, too. In case you're wondering, here is how I answered your questions: http://mrjayne.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle,
    I found your blog through Rae's blog. That is awesome that you've traveled to so many countries with high school students! I agree, it's hard to pick 1 favorite.

    Good luck with the wedding planning! I look forward to following your blog. I'm currently teaching fourth graders as well (Year 5 here in England).

    Kelli
    Tales From a Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love reading your answers to my questions. Zumba is the way to go, and I too have had a blast planning on my own wedding :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...