Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy 2013 {A Great Card Holder Idea for Next Christmas!}

Wow!  I can't believe the new year is already in full swing!  I am so excited for this year to begin.  Most importanty because it is the year I get to marry the love of my life!  I hope everyone reading this had a relaxing break.  I know mine has been wonderful!  Here is a snapshot...

The last day of school before break was crazy and exciting.  I recieved lots of wonderful gifts from my students including this edible arrangement that we all got to share.  Thank you to all :)


Then I traveled off to Pennsylvania for a week to visit my family.  The first thing that caught my eye was my sister's creative idea to hang Christmas cards.  I usually tape them to my wall and then what happens?  They fall!  It is so annoying!  Well, check out this idea...

First, attach a ribbon with a strong nail on the wall you want to hang the cards on (close to the top of the ceiling).  Use a bow to hide the nail.

 
Next, easily fasten each card on with a simple clothespin and DONE!  It looks so adorable hanging.  I even thought about painting the clothespins or decorating them for when I do this next year.  Thanks for the great idea Katie!



Then the snow began...


Mom, you are great at dusting off the car!  :)


We made some yummy Christmas cookies to keep warm...


Before I knew it, it was already time to go back to Vegas (just in time to ring in the new year with the fiance)!  We spent it at my new favorite hotel, The Cosmopolitan.  Here's look at the strip...so many people!
 
 
Also I saw the coolest vending machine on New Year's Eve...yes, that is a vending machine!  And I bought a makeup bag with mascara :)



Lastly, today I finished my narrative writing packet!  It is detailed and complete with everything that I wish I had before I taught narratives this year.  Can't wait to use it next year!  It is aligned to common core standards for 3-5 grades.  Today and tomorrow it is 20% off. 


 
Buy it here.
 
Enjoy and happy 2013!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle! Thanks for visiting my blog! I am now following yours. It looks like you had a great time over the holidays!

    Lori
    The Reinspired Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting Lori! I did have a great time over the holidays...looking forward to seeing my students on Monday though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle - Those cookies look good, I had fun making some with my daughter over break. Hey, I just got back from Vegas and even did the zip line there...so fun. Happy New Year!
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicky! I actually have not done the zip line yet! You are brave. Glad you had fun in Vegas.
    Happy New Year :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...