Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Mail from President Obama!

I am not sure if there are a lot of people that have received mail from President Obama, but before this week I was definitely part of the group who hasn't.  That all changed last week when I opened my mailbox. 
 
Mail from the white house!  Yeah!  Now, I must state that I was expecting hoping to get something.  I must explain...
 
The fiancĂ© told me he read online that if you invite the president to your wedding, they send you a signed letter in return.  SO, of course, I sent a wedding invitation to:
 
The Honorable Barack Obama and Mrs. Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
Washington, DC 20500
 
About 3 weeks later, I received this!
 
 
I think this is soooo cool!  We are going to frame and display the president's good wishes at our wedding.  Plus it is a great keepsake!
 
Additionally, I read that you can also invite Mickey and Minnie and they send you something.  Sent the invite to them last week (thanks mom).  Guess we will wait and see!  I'll let you know if anything interesting comes from Walt Disney World!  :)
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What an honor! Congratulations!

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Alison! It is a pretty neat thing to have! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...