Thursday, April 11, 2013

Writing Constructed Responses

One of the things I wish I knew before I started teaching fourth grade include the steps to writing a constructed response.  Good thing I have an excellent team and wonderful teachers willing to help me at every turn.  I now consider myself a constructed response expert.  My students have made great progress since the beginning of the year in writing their own constructed responses.  This constructed response practice gives my students structure and preparation for our state's standardized testing coming up in 11 short school days.  Yikes!  But I know my students are prepared. 
 
Here are the anchor charts that I use in my room to help my students structure their constructed response. 

 
Reading



 
Math

 
 
Hopefully, they can help you too!  Happy writing!  :)


2 comments:

  1. Michelle,

    I'm glad that you were surrounded with willing teachers who helped you. My sister's becoming a teacher and there's just an endless amount of work to prepare.

    I noticed you mentioned having to meet requirement that are often CCSS requirements. I thought you might be interested in some additional information regarding this topic, and would love to touch base with you!

    I hope to hear from you soon,
    Paul Rosenfeld
    312-673-6056
    Paul.Rosenfeld@techimage.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Paul, teaching is a lot of work, but it is very rewarding too. Tell your sister good luck! What additional information did you have regarding CCSS?
    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...