Saturday, November 23, 2013

Our Heart are Thankful {Door Decoration!}

I decided to spruce up my classroom door this week because I was feeling overwhelmed with having to do report cards.  I needed a reminder of everything we are thankful for.  Sometimes taking a break from everything else and just letting your creative juices flow gives you a restored energy and allows you to complete the projects weighing you down more efficiently.  A fellow teacher today said it best, "Bulletin board decorations are one of our last creative outlets as a teacher!"  

So, here is what I did:
1. Outlined some fruits and vegetables on white paper.
2. Sent one home with each of my students to decorate and write what he or she was thankful on.
3. Made a giant cornacopia and attached the fruits and vegetables as they came in throughout the week.
4. Add some words, hearts, and leaves (found at the Dollar Tree).

And viola!

Now, when I come into the room every morning, I have a renewed appreciation and I think this has carried onto my students.  It gives us something to smile about.  :)

Here is a close-up for what my fourth graders are thankful for:



 And my favorite, of course...

Before I leave, just wanted to make sure you knew about the AMAZING Educents ELA bundle on sale now!  The sale ends tomorrow though, so act quick if you are interested!  It is a great deal on valuable resources for 74% off TpT prices!  WOW!  Check it out!



P.S. - Report cards are officially done! WOOHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...