Friday, January 31, 2014

Cards for Kindness {Linky Party}

As February, the month of love, is almost upon us, it seems fitting to spread the kindness.  This week my class celebrated kindness week!  I decided to link up The Teaching Tribune to tell about our kindness week and how we ended it with delivering our Cards for Kindness.
As a focus of our week, we participated in The Great Kindness Challenge where we learned kindness quotes, a kindness song, and completed random acts of kindness. Click here to find out more about the world-wide event!  It is not too late to download the free student kindness challenges.  My students worked hard to complete these 50 challenges throughout the week.  To make it even a little more fun, I cut out this giant pink heart and a bunch of red tissue paper squares.  


For every kind act the students did throughout the week, they received one red tissue paper square.  I challenged the students to fill up the heart in one week and they did not disappointed!  Check it out...



Throughout the week, my students also worked hard at making Valentine's Day cards that we decided to give to a neighboring nursing home.  Here are some examples...
It was super easy to drop them off after work today and I know it will bring smiles to many peoples' lives.  My students were proud to complete these random acts of kindness and it made the classroom a more peaceful place to be.

Now, it is your turn.  We would love to hear about and see some of the cards your students made.  Link up over at The Teaching Tribune until Feb. 23rd!

I leave you with a BE KIND message from the Josh Steven's Foundation...


1 comment:

  1. This is SO sweet! :) Thanks so much for sharing with us! I LOVE your students' cards! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...