Monday, July 21, 2014

Monday Made It ~ Candy Birthday Card!

Linking up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for my first Monday Made It of the summer!
So excited to share with you today a clever gift for the "man or woman who has everything!"  I helped my sister put this together for my Dad for his birthday and I think it turned out so cute.  It is a candy birthday card!

Front of the card...

Inside the card...

To create this card, we went to the candy aisle at the grocery store and bought every candy bar that we thought we could incorporate into a sentence.  Then, we rearranged them in the order we wanted.  My sister wrote the card and taped in the candy bars in the appropriate spots.  

Here's what the final card read with the candy bar names in all caps...
"Dear CHARLESTON CHEW, CHUCK, or dad,
Some people may call you an AIRHEAD or maybe even a NERDS!  They may even SNICKERS and call you CHUNKY!  

But we prefer to call you MR. GOODBAR because you are a LIFESAVER!  Whenever we have MOUNDS of trouble or are in a CRUNCH, you go the EXTRA mile to SATISFY our needs.  So Happy Birthday!  TAKE 5, give yourself a PAYDAY and enjoy this MENTOS."

Hope this can give you some ideas to make your own candy birthday card.  It could make a great teacher gift or parent thank you too!  Please share any other candy bar ideas that you may have.  I need to start planning next year's card!  

#mondaymadeit

4 comments:

  1. cute I made one for fathers day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Do you have pictures of it? I'd love to see!
      ~Michelle

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the candy cards!!! I want one of each candy bar!!!!!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha! Looking at them does make you hungry!
      ~Michelle

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...