Sunday, August 31, 2014

A Classroom Tour...

I made it through the first week of school!  I applaud all my fellow teachers who also made it through this week...woo-hoo!  I have to admit, it does get a little bit easier every year.  I really enjoyed setting up my classroom in preparation for this school year.  I would love to take you on a picture tour.  So, come on in...
 I love the chevron burlap border around my door (Walmart) and the pennant banner (Hobby Lobby).  I also love that I had a little extra burlap to make my door owl a bow.  :)

These are the little gifts I gave my team on the first day of school.  I simply got cute mason jars (The Dollar Tree), put on chalkboard labels (Hobby Lobby), and tied on some leftover burlap.  To finish the look, I stopped and got some fresh flowers on the first day of school.  These are sure to brighten any classroom!

Speaking off brightening up...
My students were so excited to get these glow bracelets on meet and greet night!  The glow bracelets came from The Dollar Tree and you can grab these FREEBIE labels from Teach with Laughter. {click here}

I put fresh flowers around the room and also put out mints for meet and greet night because "it mint so much to me" for everyone to come!

Now, for an overview of the whole room...


Here are my table signs...each table is a continent!

Love LOVE my happy chair!  CLICK HERE to read about the happy chair in the making! :)

Here is my classroom library. I finally have it completely organized exactly the way I want it!

This shelf I saved for all my math manipulatives and games. I received three of these AMAZING bookshelves through a Donor's Choose project last year.

I decorated the pencil cup with chevron duct tape (Hobby Lobby) and added some more fresh flowers on the shelf.

This bulletin board is saved for "Out of This World Work."  I can easily attach and change amazing work throughout the year using the glitter clothespins (Michael's).

Spontaneously made this new job chart one night.  I used scrapbooking paper and ribbon (Hobby Lobby).  I wrote all the student's names on colored popsicle sticks to identify the jobs (Walmart).  I think the best part is that it doesn't take up a lot of room!

One of my favorite first day of school activities to do is making the classroom rules with the students.  I love how our rules and handprints turned out this year!

If interested in the process that I used to create these rules with the students, check out this packet...

Here is my little teacher area.  I decided to proudly display my National Boards Certificate. :)

So, that's my classroom in a nutshell.  Here is the sign you see as you exit the door.  Remember to "Be Awesome Today" and turn off the chevron light switch before you leave!



5 comments:

  1. Amazing job on your room. I am really interested in a set of your continent signs for my 5/6 classroom. How can I get a set? Also, what photo program are you using for your line drawing/doodle frames around your pics. Love them! Have an awesome year! I look forward to seeing more from your classroom.
    ~Mya Brooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made the signs from continent cards that I purchased at a teaching store. I pasted the cards on scrapbooking paper purchased from Hobby Lobby. Also thanks for reminding me to credit the doodle frames! They are from Teacher's Gumbo. The link is...http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Teachers-Gumbo. I also love these frames! You have an awesome year too! :)
      ~Michelle

      Delete
  2. nice this blog.
    You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. I’m looking to reading your next post.

    โกเด้นสล็อต

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...