Sunday, February 8, 2015

Help Break a Guinness World Record!

During the last week in January, my students participated in The Great Kindness Challenge. I gave them all checklists of random act of kindness that they could do throughout the week and I loved seeing the kindness spread! You can read more about The Great Kindess Challenge here.
You might also want to check out my blog about this week last year.  You can check it out here.

The Great Kindness Challenge is also doing something special this year!  They are trying to break a Guinness World Record for the largest collage of cut-out handprints!  The current record for the largest collage of cut-out handprints is 30,006 and was achieved by the Scout Association at Baden-Powell House, London, UK, on 10-23-07. 


Well, you can bet that I got my school involved!  Here are some of my students' handprints before they were boxed and mailed in...


My school gathered 407 hands, but it not too late for you to be part of this!  Here are the complete directions on how to participate. 
Just register your school and have your students create kindness handprints!  Handprints must be post marked by the end of the week.
Fingers crossed that we break the Guinness World Record!  No matter what, each handprint is a reminder that kindness matters. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...